Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Drama!

Did you know that now, in 2008, children still get scarlet fever? Apparently they do. I know, because one of my kids has it! Yikes! I thought it was a disease of children's classic literature... after all, didn't Beth in Little Women succumb to it? Didn't Mary from Little House on the Prairie go blind as a result? (okay, so maybe I did read too much when I was a kid...) You can imagine my panic when Dylan got a temperature that wouldn't come down below 100 degrees, was strangely lethargic and suddenly was covered with a decidedly scarlet rash.... Off to the clinic we went. The good news is that in this day and age, they can give you antibiotics for it and it will go away relatively quickly. No need to burn all his toys and clothes (a la The Velveteen Rabbit) and put a quarantine sign on the door. Thank goodness for that! We've had him on the meds since last night and already he's perking up. Am just about to serve him up a bowl of ice cream (at 10:30 in the morning!)... I bet that makes him happier too. Here's hoping for a v. speedy recovery,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...