Friday, January 25, 2008
Hello all. Sorry to have been missing in action for such a long time! We have had the flu here, and have also been coping with a blocked chimney (not good when one's primary source of heat is the wood stove!) and working on various other projects. All is now well. Everyone is feeling good again, the chimney sweep (aka Alan) has solved the smoke-pouring-into-the-living-room problem, and we are warm and cozy once more...
The camera is currently holding several hundred photos (I kid you not!) and when the batteries have been re-charged, I'll post some new ones. In the meantime, here is the latest:
- Sawyer has his first tooth! All the better to eat his new favourite food- sweet corn casserole! He is almost 19 lbs and can often be heard shouting, "Dada! Da da da da da!"
- Dylan is learning how to draw and his pictures are becoming more and more recognizable- he draws a wonderful teletubby, and some really impressive airplanes and cars. He has also been making paper animals with googly eyes (which arrived in his stocking) and loving them.
- Alan now owns his very own remote controlled Dalek (I was being followed around the kitchen this morning by the pesky thing, trying to ignore its threats of "You are an enemy of the Daleks! Exterminate!!")... thanks, Wendy!
- I am going back to work, part-time, in March... Have mixed feeling about this, but overall think it will be a good thing for our family. Will keep you posted.
- LOST starts in 6 days. I am beyond excited!!!
Better go check on that fire. There's talk of snow in the forecast!