Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Domestic diva

Our famous wet west coast weather has returned :~(

After yesterday's glorious sunshine, am rather sad to see the rain again... Still, am making the best of a bad situation and taking advantage of the gloomy weather to accomplish a few things indoors. I have scrubbed down the fronts of all the kitchen cupboards (Dylan thought this was excellent fun!), cleaned the tub and toilet and done (yet another) load of laundry. I am also planning a gourmet roast beef dinner with steamed broccoli and asparagus, and roasted potatoes. Sadly, this isn't England and you can't buy ready-to-serve Yorkshire puddings here... I'd only eat them all anyway, so probably this is a good thing!

I stayed home from work today to try to take it easy. But as anyone who knows me well can attest, I find taking it easy to be quite hard work. I am a perpetual tidier. I can always find something to do! Slowing down isn't really in my nature. Well, that's not strictly true- plunk me down in a spa or at my favourite local tea house with a girlfriend, and I can relax with the best of them! But at home, it's just sooo difficult. How can I relax when I know there's clutter on the kitchen counter? How can I lie down on the couch, when I can see magazines on the floor (that should be stacked neatly on the end table?) You see my dilemma! I remember Wendy hired a cleaner in the weeks leading up to Amelia's birth. Maybe I should look into that... If everything were done, I'd have to take a break. Right?

Design Inc. is on tv at the moment. I love watching it and planning all the lovely things we could do to our house if we were made of money. I can probably spare 20 minutes to watch that!

Hope the sun is shining where you are...

Bye for now,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. This was not actually posted by Alan! I'm not sure how that happened...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was that a subtle hint for a Christms present, or something? I'm referring to you addiction to the ready made Yorkshire puddings. If so, well, I have mastered the art myself and so the next time I bake some, as we only eat 4 or 6 out of the batch I could mail the rest to you. I'm not sure whether
    they would be allowed past customs though.
    The weather has been bad here today also, but tomorrow might get better. Hope that yours does too.
    Love to all and that includes your Mum and Dad
    Granddad X X X X

    ReplyDelete

Yay! I love comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...